If you are a landscaper or hardscaper, marketing is one of the most important things to focus on. In fact, it can mean the difference between being successful and not having enough customers to run your business successfully. So how do you create successful marketing campaigns for your business? Here are eight great marketing strategies for landscapers and hardscapers to help jumpstart your marketing ideas:
- Local Search Engine Optimization
- EDDM Direct Mailers
- Google Ads
- Referral Programs
- Upsell Existing Clients
- Social Media
- TikTok Videos
- Local Advertising Opportunities
Below, we will break down a bit more about each of these ideas and how you can implement them.
1. Local Search Engine Optimization connects you with ready buyers
When it comes to the internet, there’s one thing that most people are looking for: relevant information. They want to know what services you offer and where they can find your company locally. If you’re not listed on the top of search engine results pages (SERPs), then you may be losing potential customers.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a way of improving your ranking in local directories like Google Local, Bing Places & Yahoo Local. These websites allow users to search for businesses based on location and other criteria like type of service or price range. Nowadays, most people rely on these services instead of traditional directories like yellow pages or phone books because they’re faster and easier to use—and SEO makes sure that your business’ listing appears at the top!
The good news is that SEO doesn’t have to be expensive. getting started is as easy as writing a blog. However, running analytics and ensuring everything is set up correctly can be difficult. Talk to us or check out our article on getting started with popular landscaping keywords.
2. Physical EDDM Mail Campaigns create local awareness
EDDM, or every door direct mailers, is a USPS marketing service that allows you to reach local customers with direct mail. The reason I consider this strategy so important is because it is extremely inexpensive, effective, reliable and cost-effective. It’s also easy to implement if you have the right tools in place.
The biggest advantage of EDDM campaigns over other methods of direct mail is that they’re focused on your target audience; as opposed to mass mailings which send out a blanket message to everyone within a given radius of your business. By using EDDM you can make sure your message reaches only those people who live near your location or who might be searching for landscaping services in the near future.
3. Google Ads provide instant opportunities
Google Ads are a great way to reach potential customers, test your marketing campaigns, measure the effectiveness of your campaigns, and control them. This is a very popular among marketing strategies for landscapers because it is easy to start and gets quick results.
Google Ads is an online advertising platform that allows you to reach people who are interested in what you have to offer. It’s easy to set up and gives you the option of targeting specific audiences such as location, age group and interests. You can also use Google Analytics for free so that you can track how many people visit each page on your website after clicking on an ad from Google. This gives insight into which parts of your site need improvement so that visitors will be more likely to buy from you later on down the line!
4. Referral programs turn clients into salespeople
Referral programs turn clients into salespeople. They’re a great way to get more customers, and they’re also an effective way to get more referrals. In other words, referral programs help you bring in new business while helping your previous customers spread the word about your brand or services.
Setting up a program that rewards those that refer you business can be easy. If you are a lawn maintenance company, offer discounts to their bill. If you are in hardscaping, find ways to provide value, like firepits and party accessories for their backyard oasis.
Either way, rewarding those that refer you can create a lot of buzz and personalized referrals create the best kinds of customers.
5. Upsell your existing or previous clients
Upselling is the process of selling your existing customers more products or services. For example, if you sell landscaping and hardscaping services, an upsell could be a maintenance plan to keep their lawn looking great.
Upselling is a great way to increase profits because it requires no additional marketing spend and also keeps your clients happy because they are getting more value out of their relationship with you. It can also build relationships with your client and provide repeat business opportunities in the future.
6. Create a Social Media Campaign to show your quality
Social media is a great way to show your potential customers the quality of your work and what you can do for them. You can use social media to post pictures of your completed projects, or even create a short video that shows how much attention to detail you put into each job. This will help build trust in your brand and let people know exactly what they’re getting when they hire you for their landscaping project!
All social platforms are not created equally, though, so make sure that you’re posting in the right places at the right times. Most landscapers tend to use Instagram for pictures (because it’s easy), Facebook for stories (because it’s free), Google My Business for updates on their business (because it’s easy), and other platforms sparingly if at all.
If you’re looking to build a presence as a landscaper, then your focus should be on Facebook and Instagram. Both of these platforms have large audiences that are highly engaged with content posted by businesses like yours.
7. Explain your landscaping projects on TikTok
TikTok is a social media platform and video sharing app where you can create and share short videos. It’s a great place to promote your landscaping business, especially if you don’t want to invest in more traditional advertising such as billboard ads or radio commercials. The following are some ways TikTok can help you market your landscaping business:
- Use it to show people what type of work you do. The best way to get people interested in hiring your company is by showing them what kind of work your company specializes in. For example, if you specialize in water features or outdoor kitchens, make sure those are the kinds of videos that populate the feed on TikTok before anything else.
- Post behind-the-scenes footage from jobs that have already been completed so potential customers can see how well they were done! This will give them confidence that they’ll receive similar results if they hire your team for their own projects.
8. Take advantage of local events and advertising opportunities
There are a number of ways you can take advantage of local events and advertising opportunities. Here are just some of the ideas that can help:
- Advertise at local events. You can get in touch with local event organizers and offer to sponsor or advertise at their events. This is a great way to promote your business while also supporting the community. Be sure to choose events that align with your target audience and will draw them in (like concerts, festivals, etc.).
- Use group coupon mailers for your business, especially during seasonal changes such as spring cleaning or fall leaf removal when homeowners begin to think about making changes around their homes. You can also use them during peak times such as around holidays like Halloween when people want to get rid of their old pumpkins! Remember that these coupons should always include a discount code so consumers know how much they’re saving—and how much money they could save if they were using other services at your company like lawn care services!
- Don’t dismiss billboards. Billboards are a great way to get your message out to consumers who are driving by. They can be used for many different purposes and can be tailored to meet your needs. For example, you could use them for promoting a new service or product like lawn care services or even landscaping services!
Marketing strategies for landscapers that grow your business
Marketing is an important part of any business, but it can be especially crucial when you’re starting out. When you’re just getting started, it can be difficult to stand out from other companies in your industry and attract new customers. However, there are a number of different strategies that landscapers and hardscapers alike can use to promote themselves and their services.
If you want assistance in starting a marketing strategy, please let us know at Landscape Web Pros. We can help you get started in the most effective manner for your timing and budget.